There are different theories in the market to choose a B School. Everyone has their own experiences and owns priorities and every person judge a B School according to their needs.
Education is a very important part of today’s life. If we go for a management degree then choosing a B school becomes a very important part of one’s life.
There are few points one should always remember while choosing a B School.
1) Alumni and Recruiters Network: While choosing a B School one should always look for their previous alumni and the recruiters associated with the B School. Whether the B School would be able to groom them and provide placement they are looking for because in a market there are ‘N’ Numbers of Management Colleges so we need to choose our College wisely.
2) Student Community: For this we need to ask ourselves what kind of classmates you want. What kind of culture you are looking for? Students should always understand the difference between a professional culture and personal culture then they will be able to choose their B School wisely. For Example: If you want to be part of an international community, then find out the percentage of overseas students and faculty.
3) Academic Community: One should always be clear about their thought process what they want to do in their life so they should be sure what kind of faculty they are looking for because faculty plans a very important role in life.
4) Location and Cost: Few people thing location does not matter for programme its just an irrelevant point but choosing a location is also a most important point because world is full of diversity and if you are known with the place, local language etc then it increases your chances of job in that city as according to today’s scenario companies prefer a person who is updated with the market as it decreases the training cost for company. And cost is also a very important part whether you will be able to afford the living of the city or not so student should always look for the financial institution they can help and financial institution also helps on the reputation of college.
5) USP(Unique Selling Point): what makes the college different???
Above are the important points while choosing a B School.
IIMS (International Institute of Management Studies) is a B School with a Difference as it covers all the mentioned aspects. IIMS is a part of SaiBalaji Education Society, Pune. SaiBalaji is a trust formed by the people coming from industry and academics with a vision and commitment to deliver the best possible global management education. All over India we were ranked 65th by Business Today B School Survey in year 2012. Business India B-School Survey (Nov 2012) gave A+ grade to our Institute.
IIMS has 60-70 permanent recruiters for example: ICICI, TradeIndia.com. It has given 100% placement record for batch 2011-2013 the year when rest of the top B School faced placement problems due to the market. We even provide International Placement. We have placed our students in Dubai last year. So we can say we are strong in placements. Our average placement of IIMS is 4.5 Lacs which is Value for Money.
IIMS is also strong in Student Community. We take admission (or we can say we welcome students) from all over the world. For International Exposure we take our students for International tour where our students interact with other institute students, faculties and corporate for their grooming. We also call students from overseas to understand the corporate needs and groom our students according. So IIMS provides better International Exposure.
IIMS is filled with faculties who have strong Academic background for students. IIMS has highly qualified teachers for students they are also involved in research work as recently one of our professor wrote a book on Consumer Behavior and one professor was called to Chennai for research award because of her knowledge in research.
IIMS is located in Pune a HUB for corporate for hiring process. In India we have Few Cities where corporate prefer for placement as they have dynamic students and Pune is one of them. Pune is good education city for young aspirants. IIMS is also located nearby the IT city of Pune which is always in the eye of everyone. Academic programme of IIMS is 100% residential programme so cost for student of hostel and food is also reasonable.
IIMS not only focus on syllabus, they also understand the market needs and try to adapt the new technologies time to time to prepare future managers. They also focus on full personality development. IIMS conduct grooming session for students where they can develop the missing abilities in them. For students grooming and to know the market needs. IIMS organize guest lectures from industry time to time as IIMS has recently they invited Mr. Sudhir Soundalgekar, Vice President-Projects, Shopper’s Stop, Mumbai; Mr. Nitin Pitty, Head HR-Recruitments, KPIT Cummins, Pune; Mr. Naveen Nagpal, Senior HR Manager Infosys Ltd., Pune.
IIMS organizes Industrial Visits for students. Students recently went for Forbes Marshall, Kayani Hayes Lemmerz Ltd, Pune. These activities starts from I semester so that after 2 years they are able to become a focused managers.
This Institute also understands the need of break from hectic schedule of students. They take their students for movies accordingly, for trekking trip and out bound activities, this year IIMS invited Grand Masti Team to institute for their Fresher’s Party and DJ Suketu for DJ night. IIMS care for their students and their needs.
IIMS is an Institute of the student, by the student, for the student.