There are different theories in the market to choose a B School. Everyone has their own experiences and owns priorities and every person judge a B School according to their needs.
Education is a very important part of today’s life. If we go for a management degree then choosing a B school becomes a very important part of one’s life.
There are few points one should always remember while choosing a B School.
1) Alumni and Recruiters Network: While choosing a B School one should always look for their previous alumni and the recruiters associated with the B School. Whether the B School would be able to groom them and provide placement they are looking for because in a market there are ‘N’ Numbers of Management Colleges so we need to choose our College wisely.
2) Student Community: For this we need to ask ourselves what kind of classmates you want. What kind of culture you are looking for? Students should always understand the difference between a professional culture and personal culture then they will be able to choose their B School wisely. For Example: If you want to be part of an international community, then find out the percentage of overseas students and faculty.
3) Academic Community: One should always be clear about their thought process what they want to do in their life so they should be sure what kind of faculty they are looking for because faculty plans a very important role in life.
4) Location and Cost: Few people thing location does not matter for programme its just an irrelevant point but choosing a location is also a most important point because world is full of diversity and if you are known with the place, local language etc then it increases your chances of job in that city as according to today’s scenario companies prefer a person who is updated with the market as it decreases the training cost for company. And cost is also a very important part whether you will be able to afford the living of the city or not so student should always look for the financial institution they can help and financial institution also helps on the reputation of college.
5) USP(Unique Selling Point): what makes the college different???
Above are the important points while choosing a B School.
IIMS (International Institute of Management Studies) is a B School with a Difference as it covers all the mentioned aspects. IIMS is a part of SaiBalaji Education Society, Pune. SaiBalaji is a trust formed by the people coming from industry and academics with a vision and commitment to deliver the best possible global management education. All over India we were ranked 65th by Business Today B School Survey in year 2012. Business India B-School Survey (Nov 2012) gave A+ grade to our Institute.
IIMS has 60-70 permanent recruiters for example: ICICI, TradeIndia.com. It has given 100% placement record for batch 2011-2013 the year when rest of the top B School faced placement problems due to the market. We even provide International Placement. We have placed our students in Dubai last year. So we can say we are strong in placements. Our average placement of IIMS is 4.5 Lacs which is Value for Money.
IIMS is also strong in Student Community. We take admission (or we can say we welcome students) from all over the world. For International Exposure we take our students for International tour where our students interact with other institute students, faculties and corporate for their grooming. We also call students from overseas to understand the corporate needs and groom our students according. So IIMS provides better International Exposure.
IIMS is filled with faculties who have strong Academic background for students. IIMS has highly qualified teachers for students they are also involved in research work as recently one of our professor wrote a book on Consumer Behavior and one professor was called to Chennai for research award because of her knowledge in research.
IIMS is located in Pune a HUB for corporate for hiring process. In India we have Few Cities where corporate prefer for placement as they have dynamic students and Pune is one of them. Pune is good education city for young aspirants. IIMS is also located nearby the IT city of Pune which is always in the eye of everyone. Academic programme of IIMS is 100% residential programme so cost for student of hostel and food is also reasonable.
IIMS not only focus on syllabus, they also understand the market needs and try to adapt the new technologies time to time to prepare future managers. They also focus on full personality development. IIMS conduct grooming session for students where they can develop the missing abilities in them. For students grooming and to know the market needs. IIMS organize guest lectures from industry time to time as IIMS has recently they invited Mr. Sudhir Soundalgekar, Vice President-Projects, Shopper’s Stop, Mumbai; Mr. Nitin Pitty, Head HR-Recruitments, KPIT Cummins, Pune; Mr. Naveen Nagpal, Senior HR Manager Infosys Ltd., Pune.
IIMS organizes Industrial Visits for students. Students recently went for Forbes Marshall, Kayani Hayes Lemmerz Ltd, Pune. These activities starts from I semester so that after 2 years they are able to become a focused managers.
This Institute also understands the need of break from hectic schedule of students. They take their students for movies accordingly, for trekking trip and out bound activities, this year IIMS invited Grand Masti Team to institute for their Fresher’s Party and DJ Suketu for DJ night. IIMS care for their students and their needs.
IIMS is an Institute of the student, by the student, for the student.
As a part of the efforts to develop and strengthen the relationship with the corporate world, INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES, PUNE has delineated long-term strategy to place Under Graduate students in prestigious organizations. President of the Institute Prof. Manish R. Mundada also attempts to keep the students informed about potential job opportunities and guidance from time to time. As a part of Industrial Institute Interaction, students are exposed to the actual work environment of various Industries. Hands-on training is offered to the students both on the conventional as well as in advanced techniques.
The goal is to help build a long – term career with leading organizations and not just place the students.
- Gives training to the students to enhance their knowledge with the help of alumni.
- Extends guidance to the students looking for higher studies
- Motivates the students by providing the necessary help and guidance for their personality development.
- From last 3 years students’ placement are 100% through this cell. The Training and Placement cell keeps in touch with the industry by inviting them to visit the institute for campus interviews.
- Training and Placement Cell organizes sessions of aptitude test, group discussion and guidance programs on How to face interviews for the students. Placement cell also assists students to produce quality final year project.
- The Institute seeks expert’s advice on behalf of students wishing to apply for higher education at various universities within the country and abroad.
It is an integral part of the institute. The institute has provided complete infrastructure for effective functioning of the cell. The various activities, which are being undertaken regularly are - placement of the students, Entrepreneurship awareness & development programs, invited lectures of the persons from industry & other institutions, Personality development programs etc.
A well organized placement cell is functioning in the Institution with a fulltime dedicated Placement Director, who continuously monitors the employment potentials and arranges the campus, interviews for the students. The Placement Officer maintains a consistent communication with the leading companies 'Nation wide' for placement of the students. The Placement Cell provides the infra-structural facilities to conduct group discussions, tests and interviews. The college is actively organizing in-campus and out-campus interviews for its students to get proper placement.
We are also entertaining the companies requests for the details of passed out students for employment by maintaining a Strong Database of our Students those who have completed their degree.
Job offers, dates of interviews, selection of candidates etc. are announced through their individual e-mails and the Placement Office Notice Board. The Placement Office serves to merely bridge the gap between a job -aspirant and a prospective employer. However, it helps students to plan their careers by providing information about the industries which approach the institute.
Besides the placement activities the Career Services Department initiates the interactive session for the students with the various Industries by organizing Guest Lecture Series, inviting various Dignitaries from the Corporate. Few names of the dignitaries are as under: -
1. Mr. Sudhir Soundalgekar, Director - Projects, Shopper's Stop Mumbai.
2. Mr. Nitin Pitty, Head HR - Recruitments, KPIT Cummins Ltd. Pune.
3. Mr. Naveen Nagpal, Senior HR Manager Infosys Ltd. Pune
4. Brig. Mr. Ajit Apte, Ex- VP-HR Deepak Nitrite Ltd., Director – British Business Group, Pune
5. Mr. Hemant Koshti, Senior Manager – Strategic Marketing (Business Transformation) Geometric Ltd.Business Group, Pune
At INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES, PUNE we also provide summer & winter internship programs for the students. The objective of these programs is to develop a sense of responsibility for understanding opportunities, in depth knowledge, skills and adjustments to full time employment
Students from different locations come for the admissions in INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES, PUNE. Our admission team provides full support, guidance & transparency in the procedure. The details of various dates (schedules) are published by them in their information brochure as well as available on their website www.iimspune.edu.in